Friday, April 20, 2007

Sisters Are Doin' it for Themselves

I know I promised some sweet passive voice, but that's just going to have to wait, because I actually have some good news. I think I've mentioned before than my department got massacred on the job market this year? Almost no one got APA interviews, and of those of us that did, only one got any campus interviews. You have to understand, this sort of showing is unusual for my department, which has a surprisingly good placement record. And it's taken its toll on morale. There's a sort of faith we put in our profs--the faith they know what to do to get us jobs--and this year hit that faith pretty hard.

Well, I found out today that PJMB friend and office mate S has got herself a job. She's excited about it, and I'm really happy for her. But it makes me feel better about the year, too. It's relief, really--relief that people from my department can still get jobs.

No comments: