Thursday, April 26, 2007

E-mail My Heart and Say Our Love Will Never Die

In today's inbox, both good news and bad.

The good news. The first e-mail sent from next year's placement committee. The good news isn't that it's only April and next year's job market is already demanding my attention. No, that's actually sort of bad news. The good news is who's on the placement committee for next year. There's going to a junior faculty member on the committee. Can you believe it? We're going to get placement advice from someone who did this herself after Clinton left office! This is, for reasons I hope I'll get a chance to tell you about later, a huge improvement over last year.

The bad news. An e-mail from my supervisor asking when the fuck I'm going to give him some new work on my dissertation. (Okay, so he didn't actually say "when the fuck", but he doesn't need to use uncivil language to make his threats understood. He sort of has his own magical way with threatening e-mails.) So, fuck. I need to get some work done.

No comments: