Friday, June 15, 2007

I Think We Better Wait 'Till Tomorrow

Going back to that meeting I had with the Professor a couple of days ago, he was asking me what publications I'd have on my CV by the time I hit the market in the fall. I had to tell him I didn't know, since I'm still waiting to hear back from journals about a couple of papers. So he gave me some homework. He told me to send an e-mail to this one journal asking them (politely, naturalich) when the fuck they'd have a decision about my paper. In fact, I'd already sent them an e-mail asking them exactly that a couple of months ago, so this would really just be a follow up to that.

I've been sitting here in front of the computer trying to compose the e-mail, and I've lost my nerve. I don't want to write it. I don't want to push too hard. But if I wait for about a week and half, it'll be seven months since I first submitted the paper. No one can blame me for asking about the paper after seven months, right? Right?

No comments: