Tuesday, June 12, 2007

And Maybe I'll See You, At a Movie Sneak Preview

I knew this had to happen eventually, but I didn't think it would be so soon. I just got my department's colloquium schedule for next year, and one of the people coming is a guy who interviewed me at last year's APA before passing on my application. I wouldn't be suprised if I have to go to dinner with the guy.

What's the ettiquette for that? I know, I know. I have to be all fucking smiles, and "It's good to see you again," and blah, blah, fucking blah. I can do that, I guess. But I really just want to tell the guy he's an asshole for not seeing what an awesome philosopher I am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you need to converse with him, do what women stuck on bad dates do: Ask him about what he's doing. In detail. Look interested. And then be scathing about him to all your friends afterwards.