Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Rover, Wanderer, Nomad, Vagabond, Call Me What You Will

Well, yesterday sucked. Since the future Dr. Mrs. Dr. PGS is going to be moving out here in the fall to teach, I've been tasked with finding us a bigger place to live. I'd applied for a place we both really wanted, and yesterday I found out our application was rejected. Like I need to be dealing with any more fucking rejection this year.

I can't tell you how much I hate moving. Finding a place sucks and takes time. Packing sucks and takes time. Finding boxes and renting a van don't suck, but they do take time. Moving day doesn't take a lot of time, but it does suck. And everything costs money. For a grad student or an adjunct, it costs a lot of money.

But a lot of non-tenured people move every year, bouncing from one-year to one-year. God damn, I don't want that to be me. I really don't.

No comments: