Friday, March 30, 2007

Loudmouth Reformed!

I just got back from a colloquium dinner. For those who have no idea what a colloquium dinner is, I'll explain it all another time. Right now, I want to talk about my food.

I had gnocchi in a white truffle cream sauce. It floored me. It absolutely fucking floored me. It was shockingly good. So good, in fact, that when I put it in my mouth, my first, my only, and my overwhelmingly powerful thought was, "Motherfucker!"

But thankfully, I was sober enough to shake off the cream sauce-induced shock and regain my composure before I'd blurted out anything more than, "Mo'!" Also thankfully, the septagenarian senior-senior faculty member sitting across from me--the one with the very old world sense of propriety--is going deaf. Another crisis averted by my awesome suavity.

No comments: