Sunday, September 9, 2007

I Drag Up Ancient History

You might remember a post about rejection letters I shamelessly lifted. ("I regret to inform you that I am unable to accept your refusal to offer me an assistant professor position in your department.") I couldn't figure out where it came from originally, but a commenter at the Chronicle finds it way back in a mathematics newsletter from 1996. Interesting. Is that the source? I have no idea.

Also in the Chronicle's comments section is this awesome response:
In writing and sending such a letter, the applicant confirmed his immaturity and the department probably breathed a sigh of relief that they indeed had rejected him.

Um, in writing and posting such a comment, the commenter confirmed he's a total knob. How's that for maturity?

No comments: